We would all love to have a perfect six pack. Some of us have a long way to go though!
Abdominals are a muscle group that require a lot of work to perfect, and you will need commitment and dedication to get ripped six pack abs you’ve been dreaming of.
To help get you started, here are a few ideas:
- Speak to a professional. If you belong to a gym, talk to the resident personal trainer for tips on technique and other aspects of your ab program.
- If you don’t have a gym membership, or can’t afford one, look out for free introductory offers – many gyms offer a free month’s membership to new potential members – that way, you can get expert input without extra cost!
- Do crunches the right way. Never put your hands behind your head, as this can lead to neck and back pain. Cross them in front of your chest instead.
- Once you’re in position, bend your knees up as far as they can go, rather than trying to lift your torso.Again, this can help avoid injury. Only your shoulders should come up off the floor.
- Add sit ups to your regimen. Keep your feet on the floor, knees bent, and raise your shoulders and lower back off the floor. Again, don’t put your hands behind your head!
- Once you’ve gotten used to this type of sit up, up the ante by doing sit-ups on an incline bench, or add weights to your routine.
- Jackknife sit-ups or vee sit-ups are also great variations. For the former, raise your knees and torso at the same time while doing a sit-up, and for the latter, use the same motion, but don’t allow your knees to bend instead, reach your arms up to touch your toes.
- Leg lifts are another great exercise to help flatten abs. Lying flat on the floor, with your knees and ankles together, raise your legs to a ninety degree angle (or as close as you can get!)
- Even using static hold exercises can be a great help – simply placing your feet on a chair, and raising your body into a “push up” position, then holding as long as possible, will help strengthen your core, and tighten up your abs.
Of course, aside from getting professional advise on how to best use these exercises when you are learning how to get ripped six pack abs, and new workout, including those designed to flatten abs should be run by your doctor first.
Once he’s given the go ahead, figure out which abs workout works for you, commit to it, and do it every day. As you go along, it will get easier, and you will start seeing the results you want. Remember that ab exercises alone are not the answer to well defined abs.